Hopefully some of you noticed the Rolemasterblog blog has a bit of a technical wobble this week.
Our host moved the site to bigger and better servers and in the process managed to break the site.
I was offered the option of them fixing it or as I have a power user account I could fix it myself and in return get 5 years free hosting and domain renewals.
I took the free hosting option and then learned that I am not as good as I would like to think I am.
It has taken me 2 days to fix everything that was broken, half of it just finding out which files were corrupted and which I could safely just overwrite.
All that remains to restore the backups of all the file downloads. and images etc.
This will be rather incremental as my net connection is about the speed of dialup at times and the backup I need to upload is 291MB. I have tried twice already and my connection has dropped out killing the upload.
In November I am moving to a new place and there I will have a fixed line and proper 21st century broadband. If the worst comes to the worst I will wait until the beginning of Nov to do the big restore.