The title may be a little misleading, but hang with me. I was talking to Matt over the holiday and the subject of “balanced groups” came up–not game mechanic “class balance”, but whether individual player’s self-interest trump any attempts at group parity, team work and fairness.… Read the rest
For all the rebellious colonials that read this blog Happy/merry/have a good/great thanks giving. I have no idea what the correct phrase is but I hope you can delete as inapplicable and enjoy your turkey.… Read the rest
It is so long since I last looked at this that I thought I would post a bit of a recap for anyone who missed the original posts. So here goes, if you want to refresh your memory…
- Part 1 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/city-of-forgotten-heroes/
- Part 2 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/scary-monsters-and-super-creeps/
- Part 3 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/q-what-has-a-spine-but-no-bones/
- Part 4 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/brokedown-palace/
- Part 5 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/roll-call-of-horror/
- Part 6 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/crowd-sourced-adventure-weapons-and-goodies/
- Part 7 https://www.rolemasterblog.com/load-up-the-loot/
So I was thinking about this over the weekend and I was thinking about how human centric I am when it comes to ghosts.… Read the rest
It’s been quite a long time since I delved into my BASiL project and in the interim there has been several interesting threads over at the Forums that have made me reconsider (again) the scope and nature of spells in Rolemaster and FRPG’s in general.… Read the rest
I wanted to write something a bit different as we have had a lot on house rules and a load of HARP but they are both rather niche and possibly divisive.
Next weekend I was supposed to be running my RMC game.… Read the rest
Of all the features of HARP that stand out, it is the magic system that seems to get the most admiration.
There are some similarities with Rolemaster but a lot of differences.
Most obvious is that there are no realms. There are two suggested sources of magic in the core book although more are hinted at in College of Mogics.… Read the rest